Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris Evans from the Daily has gone and reviewed both the Aygo and the 108, yet he loves the 108 and abhors the Aygo... He's obviously some kind of sexist racist ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/eve...en-wont-able-resist-gorgeous-Peugeot-108.html

She drives well, sounds cheeky. And as for the motorway, I had to actually remember to slow down.
For such a little car she fairly eats up the tarmac with almost suspiciously minimal road noise, regardless of speed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/eve...car-I-owned-Id-say-Ill-never-drive-again.html

There is no fun in this car. I know, I checked – under the bonnet, under the seats, in the glove box and for three days.
Three days of driving that I’ll never get back. This car doesn’t look fun, it doesn’t feel fun, it doesn’t doesn’t drive fun.
Just a presstitute....

·
Registered
120 Posts
People really don't like the look of the Aygo. i don't like it either but I didn't think that it is the worst. It doesn't make sense that the two cars get vastly different driving reviews though. I wonder where the bias comes in. Is it looks alone?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its quite the vicious circle.

Car company buys advertising with said publication
Car company gives car to said publication

Said publication writes a poor review of Car Company
Car company pulls all advertising with said publication
Car company no longer gives cars to said publication

So they've lost in three ways now. they no longer get ad revenue, they are no longer given cars to create content, rival publications become more relevant because they have not been banned.

Its quite a good joke actually ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do you think that publications like Consumer Reports that don't do advertising are the most trust worthy then?
They May be more trustworthy but they are not always right or competent in their testing. 'Which' magazine once low scored a (class leading) Pioneer plasma that they had on the wrong setting, that's just one example. Also a lot of members who report in are also going to be biased in one way or the other for different reasons.
It's best to use everything you read in mags. or on the net as a guide and then try for yourself, forums liki this one are a goldmine of information with a lot of true opinions.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Consumer Reports is so trustworthy that they named the Tesla Model S as the most reliable car EVER and then promptly turned around and had the drive unit replaced no less than 3 times.

My postman is more reliable than Consumer Reports..

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hear lots of bad things about the way the Aygo looks but I would prefer the Aygo over the C1 any day!

I think we should all be thankful Peugeot pulled it out of the bag with the 108 :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts