Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Voicemail on my mobile only got this evening 15th. My local dealers got some in, I'll be there in the morning, hope it's a 1.2:)
Edit meant in a few hours

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a test drive on Saturday. They only had the 1.0. Overall the car feels like a 107 but nicer. I liked it so much I ordered one. I'd avoid the personalisation though. It's awful

·
Registered
148 Posts
Went to my local dealers today to see what was in, it is a 1.0 Active for showroom only. Demo models including Allure (1.2) apparently later this week.
Accordig to Peugeot the one I wanted is special factory order only (Allure purple berry and zircon grey two tone) the staff and manager were great and actually located one so I did a deal, trade in and cash and should have it in August early september at latest :) All other dealers I've tried said October at earliest for this model/colour.
Happy but worried to death about even scratching mine now:eek:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had a test drive on Saturday. They only had the 1.0. Overall the car feels like a 107 but nicer. I liked it so much I ordered one. I'd avoid the personalisation though. It's awful
Nice! Keep us posted on when it arrives, did they happen to mention when you will be able to take delivery of it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Happy to hear that an order has been made. Hopefully you get it in early August. Which theme did you choose? Are you going to have some crazy graphics on your car?

·
Registered
39 Posts
They said the 1.2 may arive in late August. If I could have taken delivery already I would have. For the sake of a week or so, I'll wait for a September delivery on a 64 plate.

Theme - none. The personalisation on the demo car looked awful. Best given a miss IMHO.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Being back to front! I test drove a 1.2 yesterday (ordered mine last week as posted) Told me he's still expecting mine 1st or 2nd week in August but he'll contact me tomorrow as he'll have better info then,. also official launch is now this weekend.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I can only compare with my 107 as I haven't driven a 1.0 108.
I didn't notice any vibration at all
It's a lot quieter
It's effortlessly faster with much more lowdown pulling power due to extra torque.
It feels much classier and grown up and much better over bumps etc. Some may call this softer suspension but I would say it's more supple and better for it.
I found the seats great, better padding, support, adjustment and comfort.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great! Reviewers have criticised the 1.2 for noise and for idling vibration and have said the 1.0 is a better engine. Perhaps it is. It if isn't worse than the 107 and is faster then I'll be happy. It has better emissions and fuel economy than my 107 too, which is great.

I test drove the 1.0 108 and didn't notice the seats. That can only be a good thing as I only notice seats when they're bad.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You must have a test drive yourself in the 1.2 as these are my opinions but even though we were in the middle of the city (would have liked a country road) I did manage a short motorway dash. At 70mph there was a little road/wind noise but no more than I would expect in any modern small car the Peugeot guy and I were still holding a conversation, and absolutely nothing like the noise in my 107 at 700:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm glad to hear such on the suspension. To often the suspension is overtly stiff chasing some performance ideal they think we all yearn for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts