Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to tint my windows so i took it to a local tinting place. He then noticed these spots on the window.
I got back in contact with peugeot and they claimed a new window on warranty and fitted it. I picked my car up and when i got to work i noticed these spots on the new window too. So i called them and was told (We have just put in a brand new window. So there is nothing else we can do. It must just be how the windows are on the peugeot 108).
I do not agree with this sentence at all because if this is how the windows are supposed to be on the peugeot 108 then how have they been able to say it was faulty before but this one isn't faulty? - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not sure multiple posts will help.
Anyway, not sure what the temperature is in your neck of the woods. Up here it is Baltic, my wife's 108 is exactly the same in the morning, only really noticed on front screen where it looks like there is a heating element effect. Not spots, but lines are visible only during heating up of the car.
Are these spots visible all the time? When the car is up to temperature, with no excessive condensation in the vehicle, fresh air recirculating there should be clear glass.
Also, as I am sure you have already done, I would give the glass a really good clean with some degreasing solution.
However, on a second look, it is possible the heating elements are overheating the glass, and causing some sort of delamination process. Generally happens around edge of glass though, but heating element could be causing it.
Sorry, no definitive answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Not really sure how to use this site or any forums hence many posts...

It is the same in the sun and in the winter (worse when light is reflecting on it as it shows it up more)
It is always visable.

Not sure at all what could be wrong...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts