Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this opening salvo is believable the 108 should be available by July 1st 2014...

One of the most eagerly anticipated new cars of 2014 lands on these shores on July 1st: the all-new PEUGEOT 108. And Peugeot have made the wait even more anticipated by revealing full details of what the new car will have on board when it finally gets here.
http://www.nationwidevehiclecontrac...full-details-for-much-anticipated-peugeot-108

Has anyone spoken with their Local and can confirm?

·
Registered
120 Posts
No problem. I'm happy about it too :D

I think that is just UK release so it might be coming out in the rest of Europe later on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Month and a half away now :)

Do you think that there will be anything done to hype people up leading up to the release of the 108? Some events, or a giveaway, or some other publicity stunt?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think they will need to build up the hype with a bunch of promo's, it's a must, i will be surprised if we don't see any or dont see much at all.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i mean now seems like the time to start doing something. I'd expect to stat seeing some more promotional stuff coming out in the next week or two. Maybe they will give a 108 away for free or something, that usually gets people's attention. And I've seen competitors doing stuff like that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Promotions will likely be highly localized. Keep your eyes peeled for dealer promos and offers. Check your locals webpage promotions will usually show up there first...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Promotions will likely be highly localized. Keep your eyes peeled for dealer promos and offers. Check your locals webpage promotions will usually show up there first...
Likely, or else we would have at least seen them by now on a wider scale.
Just over a month to go.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm of the opinion that the 108 will not be promoted in typical fashion. Tele ads will likely be scant, I'm wagering heavy skew towards digital presence, after all they're going after the youngsters. But how will Nana know?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good point, im sure they have though out how they will market to the people they want to reach out to, likely whoever hears about it is likely their customer demographics

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm of the opinion that the 108 will not be promoted in typical fashion. Tele ads will likely be scant, I'm wagering heavy skew towards digital presence, after all they're going after the youngsters. But how will Nana know?
Probably by getting run over by a youngster in one. >:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've ordered a 1.2 108. The dealer said they may get them by the end of August, so expect September delivery.

Most companies build a stock of cars so they can be delivered as soon as they go on sale. Has there been a problem to cause the delay?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've ordered a 1.2 108. The dealer said they may get them by the end of August, so expect September delivery.

Most companies build a stock of cars so they can be delivered as soon as they go on sale. Has there been a problem to cause the delay?
We're not quite sure. The push back from the 1 was announced but there was never a cause attached to the effect. The lack of cars would seem to point to a manufacturing snafu, but what je ne sais pas....

·
Registered
120 Posts
They didn't give a reason and I think that might be a good business move. If there is some problem they have to work out, it's best that they just take care of it themselves. By telling people about what the problem is, even if they fix the problem, people will still be critical of whatever the problem was in the first place.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They didn't give a reason and I think that might be a good business move. If there is some problem they have to work out, it's best that they just take care of it themselves. By telling people about what the problem is, even if they fix the problem, people will still be critical of whatever the problem was in the first place.
yes but by not telling them you get WTF moments. Jeep was good with the roll out of the KL cherokee. It went through multiple delays but they were completely transparent about the process. When things are hushed I fear the worst...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its likely that the development schedule just slipped. These things happen. I used to work for a supplier in the auto industry. You just hoped that someone else was more late than you. So long as you could meet the new deadline, all the heat was put on whoever was latest.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its likely that the development schedule just slipped. These things happen. I used to work for a supplier in the auto industry. You just hoped that someone else was more late than you. So long as you could meet the new deadline, all the heat was put on whoever was latest.
ah, tag you're it >:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts