Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have the 1ltr 65 plate 108 active. It's my first car and I use it for my work as I'm self employed. Unfortunately, I've managed to rack up some miles up to 47K! The car is now out of warranty.

There is a small squeal coming from the clutch but I've been told it's the thrust bearing that needs to be replaced. It's recommended that I have the entire clutch system replacement at the same time due to the mileage. I can't seem to find any parts anywhere which I could order and take to a garage to be fitted.

If anyone knows what I could do it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi all,

I have the 1ltr 65 plate 108 active. It's my first car and I use it for my work as I'm self employed. Unfortunately, I've managed to rack up some miles up to 47K! The car is now out of warranty.

There is a small squeal coming from the clutch but I've been told it's the thrust bearing that needs to be replaced. It's recommended that I have the entire clutch system replacement at the same time due to the mileage. I can't seem to find any parts anywhere which I could order and take to a garage to be fitted.

If anyone knows what I could do it would be much appreciated.
Surely it is still covered by the three year warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting back to me. I've been told by Evans Halshaw that as it's done over its contract mileage it's no longer covered.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me. I've been told by Evans Halshaw that as it's done over its contract mileage it's no longer covered.
I don't understand that. Car has 3 year or 60,00 mile warranty. As long as serviced at appropriate service intervals it should be covered. The thrust bearing could be classified as a wear item, but there is some debate about that, with the general census of opinion that it is not a wear item and should be covered under warranty. A clutch should last at least double your present mileage if driven normally.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply - much appreciated! How would I go about explaining this to Evans Halshaw?
'Welcome to Peugeot' booklet page 18. This booklet should be in beside owners manual, etc. Also stated in service booklet. It is actually described as two year manufacturer plus one extra year dealer warranty, but is really a Peugeot backed three year / 60,000 mile warranty.
It is widely known that all cars have at least a three year warranty, many have five or more. Give Peugeot customer services a call if Evans Hellshaw give you any hassle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Agree with above, you might have went over the contract mileage but that just means you will likely face an excess mileage claim at the end of the term. Your warranty is still 3 years / 60,000 miles so there should be no quibble there and no reason why you have to explain anything to the service department about your hire contract!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts