Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CONNECTIVITY

"Peugeot 108 is the city car that is ahead of its time. Evidently it is hyper-compact; that is the basic requirement. It takes its driver into a new era of connectivity with the Mirror Screen technology. At the wheel, the experience is unprecedented." Pascal Béziat, Peugeot 108 Project Director.

The all-new Peugeot 108 brings the urban car into a new era with its large touch-screen in the middle of the dashboard. Standard from Active trim, this 7-inch display boosts the relationship between car and driver to a new high. It is the interface for the audio system, trip computer and for vehicle settings, but using Bluetooth® connectivity is also the access point for the driver’s smartphone.

The user can connect the phone’s applications that are compatible with use in a vehicle using Mirror Screen. This function operates using MirrorLinkTM technology for telephones running on Android, RIM and Windows, and by AppInCar for telephones running on Apple’s iOS.

It means the touch-screen in the Peugeot 108 becomes a mirror image of the connected smartphone. The driver then operates their smartphone from the car’s touch-screen. Depending on the telephone connected, applications can also be operated by voice commands using a voice recognition system.

For obvious safety considerations, access to applications is managed differently according to the state of the vehicle. For example, when the car is moving, the driver can use applications such as navigation, or those for infotainment.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's good they did this since everyone is so connected to their smartphones, so having a system like this makes all of our lives so much more easier on the road.

·
Registered
96 Posts
that is a pretty good idea. so it would use the navigation in your phone instead of the navigation in the cars computer correct?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Should this be a matter of software and something we can expect to become available in the near future?
Software from what I was told... My dealer said October 2014 will be the month they have a fix. Toyota's Aygo was saying Sat Nav features will be available on their systems in October 2014 too (so I would assume Peugeot would be part of the same package) but nothing yet...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Software from what I was told... My dealer said October 2014 will be the month they have a fix. Toyota's Aygo was saying Sat Nav features will be available on their systems in October 2014 too (so I would assume Peugeot would be part of the same package) but nothing yet...
@rabiani great! even better that we're already in october, hopefully it won't be the end of the month.

Going to keep an eye out on the fix!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts