Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

What colour would you choose for the Peugeot 108? Throughout the automotive world most buyer commonly choose white or black.. Do you think this will be the case with the 108? Any thoughts?

Cheers!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've got white. I like it because I think it looks crisp and is easier to keep clean.

But, I've seen 2 108s. 1 in a darker red (non metallic) and also a dark metallic grey. I liked them both alot, especially the red which I think suits the character of the car well.

Black is an awful colour for a car. They look great when they're clean but the paint chips more easily because in any sun it softens and therefore is prone to stone chips and scratches and they are an absolute pain to keep clean even for those of us who clean our cars more than once a week (must confess in the summer I clean my cars twice a week generally!). Avoid black or very dark colours for this reason in my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purple Berry

Georgious metallic option, which looks great in sunlight because blue specs show through the purple paint, giving it a slightly sparkly effect. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I saw an allure top! in non metallic red yesterday and thought it looked ace!
So on the basis of this I have decided my second choice is red

·
Registered
176 Posts
IIRC White is the most popular car colour in the world, followed by black.
It never used to be. Hence white was always a free cost option. The Police up here used to always have white vehicles, however, due to poor residual values they changed to silver, and now red and black. I have always bought white vehicles, for past 30 odd years. Easy colour to keep clean.
Seems white has become in vogue.
My wife has a red Allure Top. It looks okay, but swirl marks in paintwork in direct sunshine are a nightmare. Thanks again Macklin Motors, Paisley for such a crap car delivery. I'll never tire of shaming this bunch of cowboys.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It never used to be. Hence white was always a free cost option. The Police up here used to always have white vehicles, however, due to poor residual values they changed to silver, and now red and black. I have always bought white vehicles, for past 30 odd years. Easy colour to keep clean.
Seems white has become in vogue.
My wife has a red Allure Top. It looks okay, but swirl marks in paintwork in direct sunshine are a nightmare. Thanks again Macklin Motors, Paisley for such a crap car delivery. I'll never tire of shaming this bunch of cowboys.
I've owned most colurs of cars over the years and I do find that white is the easiest to keep clean (which seems counter-intuitive!).
The worst colour I ever had was black - showed every speck of dirt for some reason and if you didn't clean it perfectly it looked rubbish.

Interesting what you say about police cars, I remember when they used to be white and then when they tried to resell them nobody wanted to buy them.

With regards to your red allure top showing swirls - that's a shame. The one I saw the other day was in motion, but it looked sharp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts