Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 108 is being birthed into possibly the most competitive segment in Europe. Lets compare the 108 visually with several of its rivals...

I intentionally omitted the Toyota Aygo and Citroen C1 considering they are sister cars to the 108.

Peugeot 108

VW Up!

FIAT 500

FIAT Panda

Renault Twingo III

Hyundai i10

Its absolutely between the Twingo and the 108 in my books...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it comes to design the Germans and Italians have it beat by far.
But there's more to a car than just design.
Hmm, that is unexpected. To me the Up is the ugliest of the bunch as is the Panda, plus the 500 looks like an overworked jelly bean. Italians are fantastic at design but only when it comes to sporty.

The french really are the kings of small hatches...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
few more that we're forgotten i suppose:

Ford Fiesta

Vauxhall Adam

Vauxhall Agila

Honda Jazz

probably a bundle missing as well...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Another Peugeot 108 rival is the recently unveiled Toyota Aygo. It appeals to a younger crowd with its cool X-grille. Another youthful touch is a new x-touch multimedia system.

Under the hood, there is a three-cylinder 1.0-liter that was re-engineered to run with a higher, 11:5:1 compression ratio, and has an improved combustion chamber design for better efficiency. The engine delivers 68 bhp (51 kW) and 95 Nm of torque. Fuel consumption comes in at 68.8 mpg UK or 4.1 liters / 100 km and CO2 emissions are just 95 g/km.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't really consider the Aygo or the C1 a 108 Rival simply because they are identical cars, I kinda mentioned that in the OP ;)

forgot about the Mazda 2 and the Ford Ka

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the twingo, adam, and 108 are nice looking cars

im not sure if i like the odd add ons for the 108 though
I know what you're saying mate. I still havent been able to find any looks at the 108 in a regular trim level. Everything has butterflys or houndstooth or barcodes, its asinine....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts