Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota Starts Producing All-New Aygo in the Czech Republic

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/toyota-starts-producing-all-new-aygo-in.html

Toyota has begun manufacturing the second generation Toyota Aygo at the Kolin plant in the Czech Republic, where “platform siblings” Peugeot 108 and Citroën C1 are also made.

At the moment, the plant produces approximately 300 vehicles per day, or a car every 55 seconds. From next week, the output will be increased to more than 700 cars and by the beginning of June, the plant will reach a capacity of more than 1,000 vehicles per day. TPCA targets an annual production of more than 210,000 vehicles. For 2015, Toyota has set an annual sales target of over 80,000 units, with an estimated market share of 6 percent.
Anyone know if Peugeot 108 production has begun?

·
Registered
120 Posts
It looks interesting, but I didn't really know that the Peugeot 108 was at all related to the Toyota Aygo. Some people may not like the design, but I think others will. Toyota took a risk with the design which will draw some in and drive others away.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Design was a big risk but due to their reputation has a very reliable and dependable brand, people will still buy.
Do you mean that even people who aren't the biggest fans of the design will buy it because of the brand reputation? I guess you only take risks like this from a position of power. Toyota knew that it could afford the risk, win or lose.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes, people that can only afford a car in this segment, that want reliability, dependability and a vehicle from a great brand. In that case you sometimes need to sacrifice something, design in this case is it.
BUT some people may like bits of it and feel the rest will grow on them. So maybe this is a look that will grow on them, you, and even me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't even think that the design is that bad to begin with. I think the whole X grille is pretty interesting. I like what they have done with the back hatch too. There are other cars in the segment that are uglier and/or more boring. I think that the Aygo does a good job of actually designing the car in an interesting way without going too far.

Its definitely a far different style that what the Peugeot 108 is going for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts