Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Car? magazine compare the 108 and Aygo against the Hyundai i10.

The conclusion is that the Hyundai i10 is the better car. I disagree but then I don't really like Hyundais and they still have the cheap image / OAP car feeling to me.
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/hyundai-i10-vs-peugeot-108-vs-toyota-aygo/1319630

What do you think? Is the i10 a better car and I'm just blinded by the fact I love the 108 so much?

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am seeing a lot of Hyundai i10's on the road but I agree with what you're saying. The Pug is definitely the cooler image car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Having owned several Hyundai cars and many Peugeot cars, including our new 108, I would have to say the build quality of the Hyundai is far superior, backed with a five year warranty, it is the sensible choice. But if you want cool then you have to look elsewhere.

Wife just had a front end shunt. A VW Golf in front of her in a queue of stationery traffic decided to reverse into her. Very low speed impact. Not a scratch on the Golf. The 108 looks like it was involved in a high speed collision. Bonnet, front wing, headlight, and some ancillary engine parts all knackered. Being repaired as I type. This tells me that the 108 is made from tin cans. Will be getting rid after 2 - 3 years.

At our age cool is not a major factor. Preserving life is more important. I reckon if that accident had happened at 30 MPH or faster, the car would have been written off, and the wife may have been no more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.