Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And not just clipped, cut in half more like it...

When you look calmly to the past, the last decade we have overinvested by attacking every segment of the European market," says Picat. "Cars like RCZ and CC I love, but don't sell anywhere else in the world and also we neglected the rest of the range : 207, 307 not good enough. I want the best 308 possible, the best 108, 208, 3008 possible. I want the energy, the resources focused on improving the range."
Intending to focus on core models.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/...ource=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ongoing

·
Registered
39 Posts
These things go round in cycles. There used to be hatch back and saloon versions of mid range cars, then they cut back. Then they added MPVs, then mini MPVs then not so off roaders. Maybe there are too many niches and it's time to cut back.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know I agree this is the right move for peugeot. VW on the otherhand seem intent on filling every possible niche they can and I'm sure it will backfire on them eventually.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know I agree this is the right move for peugeot. VW on the otherhand seem intent on filling every possible niche they can and I'm sure it will backfire on them eventually.
VW can do that because they use their platforms across the range on a variety of brands - scoda, audi, seat and VW and vehicles - Octavia, golf, leon, A3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts