Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSA/Peugeot-Citroen and China's Dongfeng Motor Group will jointly develop a platform for small cars for the Peugeot, Citroen, DS and Dongfeng brands.

The Common Modular Platform (CMP) will underpin the next generation of B (subcompact) and entry-level C (compact) cars for the brands, PSA said in a statement on Sunday. The statement marked the first anniversary of Dongfeng taking a 14 percent stake in PSA as part of a rescue package for the French automaker.

The platform will become operational starting in 2018 and can be used to develop as many as 20 models from sedans to SUVs, PSA and Dongfeng said in a presentation in Shanghai.

The platform is also known as EMP1 and is part of PSA's plans to build future passenger cars on two modular architectures. The second platform, EMP2, will be used for compact and midsized cars and already underpins the Peugeot 308 hatchback and Citroen C4 Picasso. EMP is short for Efficient Modular Platform.

I guess this won't affect us now but probably the next generation Peugeot 108?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looking at the news today they say that China is now their biggest market. I think very soon we'll see all our cars influenced by what the Chinese want, especially if they are making global platforms.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I wonder if this means the next Peugeot 108 will be their own car and not made with Toyota?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts