Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSA Peugeot Citroen is aiming to re-enter the USA after the completion of its 'Back in the Race' revitalization program.

The 'Back in the Race' revitalization program aims to return the company to profitability by reducing production costs, cutting their lineup and turning their upscale DS variants into a "full-fledged" premium brand.

CEO Tavares said that once these goals are accomplished they can "look at the next steps we should take" which neither confirms, nor rules out a play at the USA.

The revitalization program is supposed to take 3-4 years, so a return to the US is still man years in the future if it does happen.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I also think it's a joke but at the same time I think can be a good idea if it's actually whats happening. @OP do you have a link to your source?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Interesting I would of pegged Renault as the first to be honest. Considering their ties to Nissan and Daimler both with substantial operation on the fat side of the pool... Although this could do well...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Interesting I would of pegged Renault as the first to be honest. Considering their ties to Nissan and Daimler both with substantial operation on the fat side of the pool... Although this could do well...

It reminds me of the Mercedes CLA

·
Registered
186 Posts
I suppose its possible, no one ever thought FIAT would go back to the states, but they went ahead and did it anyways...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Even when it came to buying out chrysler, i doubt many people seen that one coming. Now they own either all of chrysler or almost all of it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
tough to say but i think if they target the right market, offer up a product with great value at a good price they can likely get a good start

·
Registered
96 Posts
i feel like it would be a tough sell since the name is mostly unknown in NA.

But if they wanted to start small it wouldnt be a bad idea.

·
Registered
186 Posts
not happening, I don't know who started the rumor. Probably Jalopnik click baiting again. Derek from TTAC provides context...

Combined sales of the PSA twins (Peugeot 308 and Citroen C4) add up to about 178,000 units, while Hyundai and Kia’s combined sales equal about 185,000 units. Would you have expected this to happen a decade ago? If anything, it shows why the blogosphere talk of PSA returning to America is bunk (nevermind that it was merely wish fulfillment based on comments by CEO Carlos Tavares taken out of context). PSA doesn’t even have their house in order at home. They aren’t going to spend billions to return to a market that likes to buy the kind of products they don’t build.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...-and-why-peugeot-isnt-coming-back-to-america/

·
Registered
185 Posts
It would be a bit of a hard sell to start but I think once they can get their marketing and brand engagement right, then they can see some good success.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It would be a bit of a hard sell to start but I think once they can get their marketing and brand engagement right, then they can see some good success.
but it doesnt change the fact that Peugeot doesnt build the type of cars that Americans want to buy. And even if they did theres a HUGE bias against french cars in AMerica for some reason. You're telling me they would have a hope going against Toyota and the like in North America without the support of the European faithful that know and love the brand?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't think they should start off going up against the biggest in the industry, maybe going after Kia and Hyundai might be a good start, not sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts