Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just about to pick up our new Top! Allure in about an hour. Already been checking some of the comments reference the compatibility or otherwise of the Mirror Link app, and look forward, as a Note 3 owner, to adding my pennies worth.

·
Registered
186 Posts
hello welcome to the asylum, would love to see some photos once you've had your fill of fondling the new girl ;)

Especially of the Top, eager to hear user views...

·
Registered
148 Posts
:

Spoke to mine today, since its been 3 weeks since I last spoke to him... apparently mine is still 'on order' whatever that means :(
Ask him if it's in England (he can check on his pc) the cars are shipped over here to have various parts fitted and finishing before distribution to dealers. Mine arrived at my dealers yesterday (friday)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ask him if it's in England (he can check on his pc) the cars are shipped over here to have various parts fitted and finishing before distribution to dealers. Mine arrived at my dealers yesterday (friday)
Unfortunately not, still in Europe - his system hasn't updated since he originally ordered the car. Annoying considering he originally said it will arrive before September and I sold my car preparing for that... not so keen on having to wait another 4 weeks :'(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks for the warm welcome from a number of members.
My previous car was the 107, which I'd had from new - this one is a completely different vehicle in just about every respect. More comfortable, much larger boot, soaks up the bumps in the roads, and the 1.2 engine does actually feel like a 1.6.
However, as has already been noted whoever is responsible for the marketing surrounding the touch screen, requires taking outside and given a jolly good kicking. It simply doesn't do what they say it does!! And I've checked Citroen's site, and they're are also happily warbling on about 'Mirror Screen Technology' that certainly doesn't exist for either my iPad 2, or my Samsung Note 3. Their is an AppInCar app (has the some icon as the one on the 7" screen) that installs onto the iPad, but it fails to connect. Strangely enough, tried my daughter's iPhone 5 and it didn't want to play either.
In fact, you'll have problems finding the DriveLink app that keeps being mentioned or indeed anything 'Mirror Link' related. There is a MirrorLink site, but it's a waste of time.
I finally did find a link to a 'Drive Link' app - but apparently it's not available in this country!!
The good news is that my Note 3 connected flawlessly via Bluetooth, providing me with total hands free calling. If you require music, I copied a load of albums onto one of my old 8 Gig USB sticks, and this also worked brilliantly. Lastly, thought I'd try my old iPod Touch - Bingo - no problems - worked exactly as I hoped and expected.
So, the question is - Do we all go 'Oh well, I'm sure they'll get it sorted' or do we actually make some noise? (clearly not via MirrorLink ;-0)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Okay, so your iPod Touch works but your other devices don't? I would hope that Renault will get his sorted, but I think if we want that to happen it is a good idea to bring this up to your dealer so that they know its happening. In the mean time, at least you can use you iPod Touch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts