Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have been offered a very good deal on an original touch screen radio for my C1.

Is there any issues just swapping my standard radio with this? How about bluetooth and steering wheel controls?

Is it worth changing?

JJ

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's probably worth changing but as for if it's possible or not, no idea! Buy it, give it a go and if it doesn't work, sell on eBay!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's good to know thanks, was all wiring etc. there in place ready?
It uses the same wires as the stock radio.

I found an extra wire behind the radio that fitted into one of the free connectors in the touch screen (the touch screen has more connectors). I don't know what it is for but it fits :) Maybe I should try pulling it out again and see what's missing.... I have a feeling it's something for DAB, because I have that option in the radio but there is no DAB signal....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced it with ease also but my C1 did not come with a built in mic in the dome light .
Is there anyone here who can tell me where the 2 mic wires go in the back of the touchscreen ? ( pioneer avh-7148 )

·
Registered
5 Posts
It uses the same wires as the stock radio.

I found an extra wire behind the radio that fitted into one of the free connectors in the touch screen (the touch screen has more connectors). I don't know what it is for but it fits :) Maybe I should try pulling it out again and see what's missing.... I have a feeling it's something for DAB, because I have that option in the radio but there is no DAB signal....
Did you find out what the extra one was for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Because I have a 2016 108 with a non touchscreen radio and am about to fit one of the new 2018 model touchscreen radios with ApplePlay and DAB and am considering what I need to do to get DAB working

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Because I have a 2016 108 with a non touchscreen radio and am about to fit one of the new 2018 model touchscreen radios with ApplePlay and DAB and am considering what I need to do to get DAB working
What colour was the extra connector?
I just had a look, it wasn't the dab wire. It's still not in the radio. I can't remember which wire it was, sorry.
So you need the dab wire/antenna to make dab work

Where did you find the new radio? Do you have a part number?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hah! when I got my Touchscreen from a 68 plate car it turned out to be one of the older models - got it from a breaker - I installed it anyway as its better than the non touchscreen radio I had.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hah! when I got my Touchscreen from a 68 plate car it turned out to be one of the older models - got it from a breaker - I installed it anyway as its better than the non touchscreen radio I had.
What about DAB? Did you find a cable for this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts