Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Can anyone out there recommend any effective additional security I could add to my new 108 when I get it?

I've looked at the 4tress Steering Lock and also the Disklok accompanied by the cover as it apparently leaves indents in the steering wheel.

Does anyone have first rate knowledge/experience of these products or any other products that would be better. All recommendations and opinions on the products i've mentioned appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
148 Posts
Which one ,apparently, leaves indents? I've bought the 4Tress, hopefully it shouldn't do much harm to a leather steering wheel.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read reviews on the Disklok and it's that one that apparently leaves indents in a leather steering wheel. The reviewer of the Disklok wasn't a happy chappy that it had done this and said that there should be some sort of disclosure on the product to state that it did this.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can't you just lock your doors? Do you live in an area where there is a lot of car theft?

Only security system I can think of is the bar that goes across the steering wheel, I think they call it "the Club".

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No my area is fine, I was thinking more of when I go away, say for example Edinburgh, Blackpool etc. What kind of security could I use seeing as I don't know the areas well enough and would hate to get stranded somewhere

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can't you just lock your doors? Do you live in an area where there is a lot of car theft?

Only security system I can think of is the bar that goes across the steering wheel, I think they call it "the Club".
does a locked door turn the windows smash proof?

·
Registered
148 Posts

I bought a 4Tress because the Allure I'm getting (like the Feline) is keyless entry and go and this means that you could inadvertently leave you car unlocked and a thief with the right electronic box of tricks could bugger off with your motor.
Security has gone full circle, a good manual steering lock will (hopefully)put them off. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
keyless entry and go and this means that you could inadvertently leave you car unlocked and a thief with the right electronic box of tricks could bugger off with your motor.
:)
Only if you leave the key in the car. Once you take it out of range, the doors lock themselves - OK, there is a pause.

"If the vehicle is unlocked and no door or the boot is opened, the vehicle will lock again automatically after about thirty seconds."

Of course, if you leave it in the car, the thief won't need any box of tricks!

But the system don't wind up any windows left down!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the end I've opted for the 4Tress steering wheel lock. Although I haven't tried it out on my current car i'm sure it will do the job sufficiently. It's a heavy piece of equipment, I was quite surprised when I took delivery of it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Only if you leave the key in the car. Once you take it out of range, the doors lock themselves - OK, there is a pause.

"If the vehicle is unlocked and no door or the boot is opened, the vehicle will lock again automatically after about thirty seconds."

Of course, if you leave it in the car, the thief won't need any box of tricks!

But the system don't wind up any windows left down!
I took that to mean that if you unlocked your car and then left it maybe to get something you'd forgotten, then it would lock itself (after 30 secs.) If your interpretation is correct then that would be better and I would be happy but 30 secs. is plenty in thief time. I'm glad I got a 4Tress- it's hefty enough to take on a gang of thieves or muggers ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts