Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. I like to service my cars myself. It's kind of a hobby of mine and I don't really trust much auto garage's in my area. Would it be hard to service a Peugeot by myself? Also, what would be the ideal engine oil to use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Personally for the first 3years I'd get the dealer to do it.

They usually have service packs you can buy to make it pretty cheap.

I only say this as dealers are much more inclined to help with warranty or things just outside of warranty if you have had it serviced by them.

After that self service is a good choice!

Not any more difficult than any other car from what I have seen!

·
Registered
60 Posts
You'll end up in a fight if you need any warranty work doing, even though anyone can technically service them as long as you use genuine parts.

As said above, wait for the warranty period to be up and then get your hands dirty.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You'll end up in a fight if you need any warranty work doing, even though anyone can technically service them as long as you use genuine parts.

As said above, wait for the warranty period to be up and then get your hands dirty.
Agreed

It's quite right that technically as long as you use OEM parts and follow the correct manufacturer guidelines you should be ok with regards to warranty claims but in reality the manufacturers make it very difficult to make a claim under those circumstances.

My local garage who service my other cars and are very reliable and trustworthy advised me to stick with peugeot for the first 3 years of servicing for my 108. It wasn't that they didn't want the work, or couldn't do it, its just that they have seen enough occasions of people having to go through the ringer when they want to make a warranty claim. They said that all the evidence you have to supply just makes the whole thing such a hassle to save only a few quid.
These cars aren't going to be expensive to service, certainly not compared to other brands, and therefore to me it feels like a bit of a false economy. I'd rather have the reassurance that with this car if anything goes wrong in the first 3 years (warranty wise) I'll bung it at pug and get them to fix it for free without argument.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts