Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been considering the 108 as next car. Servicing intervals of the 1.2 engine are 16,000 miles or annually. What are prices like for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd services?

·
Registered
100 Posts
What about taking up the just add fuel scheme, three years servicing is included in that?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about taking up the just add fuel scheme, three years servicing is included in that?
Might suit some of the younger buyers with poor insurance record, or who live in a high risk area.
My insurance has never cost me over £100 for last 10 years, sometimes much less, cost £86 this year. These free insurance deals I avoid, as I would be subsidising others. Also you miss out on cash discount when buying.
Just got a quote, total cost over 3 years, £14046. No chance, rather pay £10000, and own insurance 3 x £86 = £258. Service plan £12.99 x 36 months = £467.64.
So not a deal for me at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn't think dealers gave cash deals these days, thought it was all finance, finance, finance!

I wonder if servicing is cheaper at Citroen? Same car, same parts etc.?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Wellfan,

What is that 14046 quid suppose to cover? That just seems like a total rip if you can cover 3 year insurance and maintenance for under 1000 quid.

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Wellfan,

What is that 14046 quid suppose to cover? That just seems like a total rip if you can cover 3 year insurance and maintenance for under 1000 quid.

Thanks
Yep, total rip off. Just ordered a 108 Allure TOP, 3 door in red for £10495 OTR. Could have got it for £10200 if I could be bothered going south of Hadrian's Wall. Peugeot have given their dealers another £500 off all 108 models for this month only, but you have to ask.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My car is booked in for a service later this month. The miles to service due is currently 100 so I'm going to go over by a couple of hundred miles.
Does anyone know what the tolerance is, if any, to going over the service mileage? Thinking for Hire Purchase company when I hand it back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it recommended or obligatory ? ?

New to this forum so hello to everyone.

Can anyone say for definite if when you have the 2 year or 20,000 mile service on a 108 Active you have to have the brake fluid and pollen filter changed at extra cost?

I had the car serviced by Servicing Stop and they gave me four advisorys, make of those what you want, off engine flush, brake fluid change, pollen filter change and anti freeze change plus the full service plus special oil. So the £89.83 agreed full service price went to £367.35, no wonder it was on Dragons Den??

One Peugeot dealer said "Oh! I am interested to know whether you "have" to have the brake fluid and pollen filter done" went off came back and said yes you have to, no surprise there then. Another Peugeot dealer said the same but when I said that on the Peugeot webpage it only said recommended, he then said "well yes they do say that and they are add on prices to the full service". When I pushed him further and said well surely if they "have" to be changed then it would be part of the service, the cost would be higher and it would not say recommended, he caught his breath. "Well we can't force you to have them done, if you say no then that's your choice, it would not affect the warranty". I replied so it's not a specification or obligatory it's recommended and the choice is with the customer.

"Yes"

Any views on this and do all manufacturers use the same terms??

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New to this forum so hello to everyone.

Can anyone say for definite if when you have the 2 year or 20,000 mile service on a 108 Active you have to have the brake fluid and pollen filter changed at extra cost?

I had the car serviced by Servicing Stop and they gave me four advisorys, make of those what you want, off engine flush, brake fluid change, pollen filter change and anti freeze change plus the full service plus special oil. So the £89.83 agreed full service price went to £367.35, no wonder it was on Dragons Den??

One Peugeot dealer said "Oh! I am interested to know whether you "have" to have the brake fluid and pollen filter done" went off came back and said yes you have to, no surprise there then. Another Peugeot dealer said the same but when I said that on the Peugeot webpage it only said recommended, he then said "well yes they do say that and they are add on prices to the full service". When I pushed him further and said well surely if they "have" to be changed then it would be part of the service, the cost would be higher and it would not say recommended, he caught his breath. "Well we can't force you to have them done, if you say no then that's your choice, it would not affect the warranty". I replied so it's not a specification or obligatory it's recommended and the choice is with the customer.

"Yes"

Any views on this and do all manufacturers use the same terms??
They all try it on, and generally the stupid or gullible just go with it. Engine flush aka 'snake oil', no way in such a new car with low mileage. Antifreeze is as far as I am aware a lifetime part. Maybe some further online research is required. Brake fluid change and pollen filter, I told them where to go. Brake fluid research has shown that the modern stuff as used by the manufacturer can be considered lifetime also. As long as the system is air tight, how can water get into it? Yes it is hygroscopic, but if totally sealed it should be fine for at least five years. Pollen filter, have a look at yours. take it out and give it a shake and a quick vacuum clean, or buy one yourself for a few quid.
Finally, I would never use Servicing Stop for the very reasons you have stated. Shop around the franchised dealers, and you will find it is just not worthwhile, particularly when your car is under warranty to use anywhere else. My first service was cheaper at the dealer than anywhere else, £130, or thereabouts.
End of rant, just so many cowboys, or parasites as I like to call them, waiting to fleece a fellow human being.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.