Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day that there are no lights lit on the front of the car when I turn the switch to side lights. When the switch is "off" the daytime running lights are on. When set to side lights, the tail lights are on but there is nothing at the front. When set to headlights, the dipped / main beam lamps are on at the front and the tail lights at the back. When set to auto, the lights switch from DRL to dipped beam depending on how dark it is.

Is this right? Surely sidelights should switch on some sort of sidelights at the front.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My old AX was like that, the engine had to be running for the sidelights to be on (no DRLs then) maybe it's for some European countries driving laws.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds to me that it is supposed to be like that. Is it a problem or just something that you have noticed? No harm, no foul, right?

·
Registered
96 Posts
dim light on at front would be a side light.. just a modern take, i quite like it

mines the same top is the same as your pic

far nicer than some old fashioned incandescent bulb popped in the headlamp as an after though ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
LED day runners - keep on all the time?

Hi
I have just picked up my new 108 today :)
I love the LEDs around the bottom. Shame they go off once the side/main headlights are turned on.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do something to ensure the stay on irrespective of the main lights being on/off?

Thanks in advance...hope someone can assist.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not sure if its the law or not. Nearly every car I know either dims or switches off the DRL once the side lights come on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts