Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice Peugeot offer a space saver on the higher end 108, and its an option on the lower spec ones according to the website.

I think I missed this option when I was at the dealer the other day, has anyone else opted for it?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I have one. I think its worth having, otherwise if you get a puncture on the hardshoulder of a motorway you'll have some issues.

·
Registered
176 Posts
But not on the Top! version (for some completely unknown reason)

I believe it is to do with the weight of the TOP version. The hood adds extra weight, so to get emissions level down to that of the standard car they had to do away with the space saver wheel.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I believe it is to do with the weight of the TOP version. The hood adds extra weight, so to get emissions level down to that of the standard car they had to do away with the space saver wheel.
spot on all due to silly emission regs!

I have a full size spare in my top! now, my dealer had a customer that did not want a spare and i had a compressor i did not want.

we swapped between cars and drove of happy

·
Registered
176 Posts
spot on all due to silly emission regs!

I have a full size spare in my top! now, my dealer had a customer that did not want a spare and i had a compressor i did not want.

we swapped between cars and drove of happy

How lucky were you. These things don't happen very often, right place at right time. I'll be buying one off ebay. Would I be correct in thinking a 107 spare will do the job?

·
Registered
96 Posts
How lucky were you. These things don't happen very often, right place at right time. I'll be buying one off ebay. Would I be correct in thinking a 107 spare will do the job?
107 have 14" wheels, all the 108's have 15" except the low spec access

·
Registered
176 Posts
the different rolling radius may well mess the abs and esp up when you are running 1 smaller wheel
Checked in car showroom, 108 has a 15" steel spare with 125/70 tyre fitted. Same as fitted to Yaris, so just bought one off ebay, brand new with new tyre fitted for £35 delivered. Just need to get the jack, plenty on ebay off of 107, C1, Aygo, but the foam holder will be too small for the 15" wheel as designed to fit in 14" wheel. No big deal, just be a bit loose, fixed with some double sided tape.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The 15" spare is a space saver. The overall wheel is about an inch smaller in diameter, so that will have some impact on speedo readings, etc.
I just wonder if the TPMS light will illuminate when using the spare wheel, it should do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts