Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been covered but I thought I would share....

Figured out how to update the startup image when you turn on the car.

If you get a USB memory stick and create a folder called "startupimage" and then place 3 JPG images in it will allow you to upload to the car.

I've only attempted so far with JPG format at 640*480 and it fit perfectly.

it does not replace the 4th image (which is the stock load image) and they can be replaced by simply repeating the above with new images.

:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have to keep the stick plugged in? Or does the headunit store the images for future?
It keeps them in for the future. You do not need the stick left in. I have turned off and on many times and its all still stored. You can remove them if you want, but you need to go through the settings menu to do it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Interestingly, I tried to do this myself today but the head unit wouldn't recognize the file type. It was JPG and I put it into a folder called startupimage.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The folder is case sensitive and from reading on the Toyota forums the procedure is something like this:

The images file name, including the file extension, can be up to 32 characters. Name the image without spaces or strange characters. When saving the images to a USB, name the folder that the startup image is saved to “StartupImage” and name the folder that the screen off image is saved to “DisplayOffImage”.
If these folder names are not used, the navigation system cannot download the images. (The folder names are case sensitive.)

The images file extension is JPG or JPEG. Image files of 10MB or less can be saved.
Up to 3 images can be downloaded.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The folder is case sensitive and from reading on the Toyota forums the procedure is something like this:

The images file name, including the file extension, can be up to 32 characters. Name the image without spaces or strange characters. When saving the images to a USB, name the folder that the startup image is saved to “StartupImage” and name the folder that the screen off image is saved to “DisplayOffImage”.
If these folder names are not used, the navigation system cannot download the images. (The folder names are case sensitive.)

The images file extension is JPG or JPEG. Image files of 10MB or less can be saved.
Up to 3 images can be downloaded.
Thanks, that helped. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
all my images have ugly black bars or are blurry because it stretches or scales them accordingly is that because they are not 640x480? I took them with my iphone.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The best thing to do would be the edit the pictures in a photo software like Photoshop. This will allow you to scale the picture to the require size so it will fit perfectly :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts