Peugeot 108 Forum banner

The Grand Tour - Top Gear Replacement Show Announced

7K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  500 
#1 ·
Amazon’s new motoring show starring Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May will be called The Grand Tour.

In a statement, the former Top Gear trio thanked fans for taking the time to send in their suggestions for the name, which they said were “much appreciated”.

“Thing is,” said Clarkson, “we’ll be travelling the world hosting each episode in a different country, from a giant tent. It’s a sort of ‘grand tour’, if you like. So we’ve decided to call it The Grand Tour.”

May said he was underwhelmed by the name. “I wanted to call it ‘Nigel’, or ‘Roger’,” he said. “We needed a name, and they’re names.”

Hammond was more positive. “I already love camping,” he said. “But this is something else. We are like our pioneering and prospecting forebears, sallying forth into a new frontier of broadcasting, and making our home where…”

As a special offer you can subscribe now and get £20 off the price (Think offer ends tonight).
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prime/pipeline/landing/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&camp=1634&creative=19450&linkCode=ur2&tag=mokownclu-21

The move comes just days after Amazon revealed it is testing out a monthly Prime subscription in the UK - which will come in at £7.99 a month.

The membership programme includes access to an extensive database of movies, TV shows, e-books and unlimited one-day delivery.

See less See more
#6 ·
Episode 1 was great, car sections were great, audience banter was mostly ok. However, the RAF/USAF and dead celebrities bits were utterly cringeworthy - The American race driver as an alternative Stig was extremely unfunny; overall I was pleased though.

Episode 2: Oh dear - It was like an episode full of those awkward moments from episode 1. And the "feature" had nothing to do with cars and was like watching a cameo from a badly written film. It was actually boring! I hope the next episode is better...

#12 ·
They've got a new book out -
The world is a big place full of interesting things. And The Grand Tour has seen some of them. That’s why few people are better placed to lead you around this vast planet of ours than Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. As long as you don’t mind getting hot and lost. Welcome, everyone, to The Grand Tour Guide to The World.
http://amzn.to/2y9n9ZX

#13 ·
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May return for a new season of the world's greatest show about three middle-aged men rampaging around the world having unusual adventures, driving amazing cars, and engaging in a constant argument about which of them is the biggest idiot. Although it's also the only show that combines these things so the 'greatest' title is pretty much uncontested.

Watch the trailer here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B073LTCS4V/

#15 ·
The teasers for the second season of The Grand Tour continue as the show has released a new clip which features the hosts debating who's going to call "The American" and tell him he's fired.

In the video, Clarkson says "We're going to have to get rid of him" and Richard Hammond responds "Yeah, well he annoys people." Clarkson goes on to say "He annoys me".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.