Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you potentially cross shopping the 108 and the Twingo pricing has just been announced for the "other" french hatch.

Prices will begin from £9,495, I suppose the grand premium is payment for the Porsche patented layout vs the 'conventional' 108's £8,245 ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
So they are pricing higher than the 108, eh? Interesting. I hope that they have the goods to justify that move.
With the way thing are going for them, i'm sure they will be able to justify higher trims. It's something i'd like to hear some journalists speak on as it helps to hear the pros and cons they express about going higher in trims.

·
Registered
148 Posts
With the way thing are going for them, i'm sure they will be able to justify higher trims. It's something i'd like to hear some journalists speak on as it helps to hear the pros and cons they express about going higher in trims.
I've lost faith in about 99% of motoring journalists after reading a lot of misleading and biased information they've been spouting about the 108 in their 'reviews' :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
120 Posts
you're quite right, the majority have become little more than presstitutes. Re write the press release, consult the thesaurus, wash rinse repeat.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-renault-twingo-sale-9495

They've still not let any of the hucksters have their mittens on one...
Yea, that seems more like a news report that just tells you all the facts about the Peugeot 108, basically the way that Peugeot has put it out there. I will say that I think this is meant to be an alert, and hopefully they do some more critical reviewing later once they've had the chance to test drive.

·
Registered
148 Posts
A big plus for me on the 108 and rarely mentioned is one of the simplest and most innovative things that maybe don't matter or are afterthoughts to most, is the boot 'cover' which is completely out of the way when the tailgate is open. :nerd:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A big plus for me on the 108 and rarely mentioned is one of the simplest and most innovative things that maybe don't matter or are afterthoughts to most, is the boot 'cover' which is completely out of the way when the tailgate is open. :nerd:
And this is where auto journalism falls flat on its face, its so disconnected with what consumers on the street are actually looking for. Instead we get a small man with a belly explaining to us in dulcet tones the dichotomies of 0-60, the corner bashing prowess and sycophant foppery designed to wrangled further presstitution ;)

How does the 108 handle a roundabout with two screaming children having an ice cream fist fight in the back?

How many cuppas can we fit in the cup holders?

What does Nan think?

How crashable?

These are pertinent I would say... ;) 0:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts