Peugeot 108 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 108 had Diamondbrite applied by the dealer and has now been through the winter period.

On inspection today the vehicle appeared a little dusty. I thought it's not worth the effort of hose, leather, and microfibre cloth for so little a task. So, out came the "Waterless Car Wash" Supagard Aqua Free. It had been gathering dust from my last car but I didn't dare use it. Shake the bottle, spray one panel at a time, then wiped over with microfibre cloth as prescribed. Then a separate clean microfibre cloth to wipe over the surface.

I was totally amazed at the finish obtained. No effort, no sweat, and a shiny little Pug. Twenty minutes tops, very little product used, no after streaks and used on plastic and glass. All spotless.

I can highly recommend it! :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's good stuff! I've used something similar to this in the past and it worked great. Especially on areas where there is chrome or raw metal. It would have been nice to see a pic of before and after you applied the waterless solution, but I guess next time the idea will come around.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's good stuff! I've used something similar to this in the past and it worked great. Especially on areas where there is chrome or raw metal. It would have been nice to see a pic of before and after you applied the waterless solution, but I guess next time the idea will come around.
mines filthy, country lanes and muddy roads to work dont do it any favours. the ultra grip winter tyres also seem to throw lots more much up.

im on daily cleaning of the lights and plates at the mo.

top model is a pain to clean as you have to be so carefull not to mess the fabric up

·
Registered
96 Posts
What products do you use for cleaning your 108??

The children and a bucket n sponge! Mines a work horse so does not get much love..!

had 4 bags of coal in boot yesterday and today has roof bars with several lengths of wood tied down! odd having top! open and bars fitted

·
Registered
200 Posts
The children and a bucket n sponge! Mines a work horse so does not get much love..!

had 4 bags of coal in boot yesterday and today has roof bars with several lengths of wood tied down! odd having top! open and bars fitted
Off topic but; what roof bars have you got?

I had c300kg of bark chippings in the back of mine the day after I bought it! Opened the boot, dropped the back seats down, lined the whole back of the car with a 1 tonne builders bag and loaded/unloaded the whole lot with a shovel. Brilliant.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Haha that's crazy! If you're gonna be using your 108 to do constant work, why not get a truck?? I guess having a small car can help fit into small spaces when working..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Haha that's crazy! If you're gonna be using your 108 to do constant work, why not get a truck?? I guess having a small car can help fit into small spaces when working..
got psa genuine 108 roof bars.

kids want phones and money they wash cars.!

its not constant work, its my family car, we have a victorian open fire and it needs logs and coal .... house to renovate too!

all my prev 107's have worked and played hard, 108 will follow that tradition. Will be ordering another soon to replace out other 107

·
Registered
200 Posts
Lol. I had the car delivered then got a call from my old man offering me a load of bark mulch for my garden. I considered using an audi convertible like a skip, but the 108 seemed logical for the use.

It didn't make a mess of the car as I was really careful about lining the car and loading it without bunging it everywhere!
I keep all my cars immaculate, my mates refer to them as operating theatres. I detail them regularly myself.
Since 'bark-gate' I've put a few bikes/kids and shopping in the car only. Nothing very exciting, but spring is nearly upon us...

Last winter I went to buy coal in my a4 cab. The guy at the coalyard was very impressed when I popped the roof open and lobbed 8 bags on the backseat (albeit with cardboard and an old blanket to protect the seats). Then loaded 6 in the boot!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lol. I had the car delivered then got a call from my old man offering me a load of bark mulch for my garden. I considered using an audi convertible like a skip, but the 108 seemed logical for the use.

It didn't make a mess of the car as I was really careful about lining the car and loading it without bunging it everywhere!
I keep all my cars immaculate, my mates refer to them as operating theatres. I detail them regularly myself.
Since 'bark-gate' I've put a few bikes/kids and shopping in the car only. Nothing very exciting, but spring is nearly upon us...

Last winter I went to buy coal in my a4 cab. The guy at the coalyard was very impressed when I popped the roof open and lobbed 8 bags on the backseat (albeit with cardboard and an old blanket to protect the seats). Then loaded 6 in the boot!
mine works hard, never abused, have boot protection rubber mat and picfords style grey blankets.

last 107 went back at end of lease and psa finance said it was one of the cleanest and best kept cars they had seen.... 30.000k miles and lots of hard work did it no harm...

always use a genuine psa roof rack as if it damages the roof on a lease car you have some comeback.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
My current car is in urgent need of a good clean and detail!

I've been renovating a house so dust, paint, rubbish, the lot have been in and out of it for the past few months.

You need to clean yourself off when you get out of it :laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts