Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, if you had to change say just one thing on the 108 - what would it be?

For me the rear seats are a little too cramped, I wish they could have made an extra inch or two here.

·
Registered
200 Posts
On mine I think the only thing would be a bit stiffer suspension and maybe a little lower. Oh, that and the sh1t MPG. 43 mpg over 4000 miles of mixed town and motorway driving just isn't as good as it should be. Otherwise I can't fault the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not So Good
I find the 108 fuel consumption figs a bit disappointing - after 3.5K miles of journeying. No where near as good mpg as the 107 consumption figures and I am lucky to do 45 mpg combined, whereas I got well over 50 combined with my 107. Also, I find the car is hard to shift on an upward hill start. I have to rev pretty hard to move forward otherwise I just lurch back pretty violently and find myself cursing at traffic lights on a steepish incline. I find clutch control a lot safer and easier to go forward on lower revs than a HWC handbreak release hill start. Again, the 107 was much easier to control on hills. The other annoying thing about the 108 is that there is really no good place to put my Tom Tom Sat Nav. It is just propped up on top of the screen. I don't use phone sat nav. The 107 had a nice flat surface, which this car doesn't.

Good
For comfort on longer journeys, bells and whistles - the multi-function steering wheel, electric passenger window, decent size wing mirrors, padded tartan seats, bigger boot, nicer shape -, overall appearance of the dashboard and the great screen controls (I have the Active model in Berry), the 108 is a lot better than the 107.

I do miss my lovely 2012 Plum 107 though, after selling it a couple of months back to trade in for a brand new 108, and even with those awful harder seats that got a bit uncomfortable on long motorway journeys and cheap looking console and CD drive, I would still conclude that it offered a more zippy go-cartish fun drive for shorter journeys than the 108, which seems too much like a real car. Plus my 107 (see, I'm still calling it 'my') for ages on a thimble of fuel.

Ugly
If someone were to say now - after two months of 108 ownership - do you want your 107 PX sale price back and I'll give you what you paid for your 108 in return, I think I would be tempted to accept, TBH. The 108 is not a bad car at all, far from it, but it is a car I don't intend to get sentimental about. Whereas if I had kept my107 for much longer I think I would have found it harder and harder to part with it at all, and I would have just run it into the ground over many years of ownership instead of 2.5 years. I was on the verge of giving it a name too. I only got rid of it because it was coming up to MOT years, no guarantee left, over 32K miles on the clock and I had already had a replacement air con system and arial put on and the brakes were due to be replaced. If I had kept it much longer it would have been pretty worthless in a few months, so it had to go and I got a very good PX price too and a great deal on the 108. It was too good to pass up.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not So Good
I find the 108 fuel consumption figs a bit disappointing - after 3.5K miles of journeying. No where near as good mpg as the 107 consumption figures and I am lucky to do 45 mpg combined, whereas I got well over 50 combined with my 107. Also, I find the car is hard to shift on an upward hill start. I have to rev pretty hard to move forward otherwise I just lurch back pretty violently and find myself cursing at traffic lights on a steepish incline. I find clutch control a lot safer and easier to go forward on lower revs than a HWC handbreak release hill start. Again, the 107 was much easier to control on hills. The other annoying thing about the 108 is that there is really no good place to put my Tom Tom Sat Nav. It is just propped up on top of the screen. I don't use phone sat nav. The 107 had a nice flat surface, which this car doesn't.

Good
For comfort on longer journeys, bells and whistles - the multi-function steering wheel, electric passenger window, decent size wing mirrors, padded tartan seats, bigger boot, nicer shape -, overall appearance of the dashboard and the great screen controls (I have the Active model in Berry), the 108 is a lot better than the 107.

I do miss my lovely 2012 Plum 107 though, after selling it a couple of months back to trade in for a brand new 108, and even with those awful harder seats that got a bit uncomfortable on long motorway journeys and cheap looking console and CD drive, I would still conclude that it offered a more zippy go-cartish fun drive for shorter journeys than the 108, which seems too much like a real car. Plus my 107 (see, I'm still calling it 'my') for ages on a thimble of fuel.

Ugly
If someone were to say now - after two months of 108 ownership - do you want your 107 PX sale price back and I'll give you what you paid for your 108 in return, I think I would be tempted to accept, TBH. The 108 is not a bad car at all, far from it, but it is a car I don't intend to get sentimental about. Whereas if I had kept my107 for much longer I think I would have found it harder and harder to part with it at all, and I would have just run it into the ground over many years of ownership instead of 2.5 years. I was on the verge of giving it a name too. I only got rid of it because it was coming up to MOT years, no guarantee left, over 32K miles on the clock and I had already had a replacement air con system and arial put on and the brakes were due to be replaced. If I had kept it much longer it would have been pretty worthless in a few months, so it had to go and I got a very good PX price too and a great deal on the 108. It was too good to pass up.
Very similar thoughts on the good bad and ugly as me.
I will say that I do really like zipping about in my 108.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Only had mine a two weeks but so far I Think it's almost perfect.
Ours is a 1.2 so is much more nimble and copes better with hills and motorway than our 107.
It's just the phone connectivity that they need to sort out.
And like someone else noted, I miss that little shelf above the stereo on the 107 that was so handy for resting my phone on.
Loving the bigger boot space too.
And the clever parcel shelf.
My average fuel economy is currently saying 54mpg but that will come down when my heavy footed gf gets her hands on it.
She is a speed freak.
My only other desire would be for a proper ignition. I don't like keyless.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a set of these. I just need to check with my usual mechanics that they can fit them and how long it will take - I can't be doing with all the blood sweat and tears of doing it myself!
I have fitted lowering springs to a few cars in the past, mainly Mk2 Golf Gti's. However, these cars were outwith the 12 month warranty period, only 12 month warranty in the olden days. Manufacturers will do anything to get out of a warranty claim, so for 3 years you really are restricted as to what mods. to do to your car. Because rest assured if you have any steering/suspension/braking issues, they will blame it on the mod.
My Vauxhall Mokka has a 100,000 mile warranty, I have winter wheels and tyres but take them off and put originals on when taking in for its annual service in January. Also fitted a 'tuning box', and battery charger cables to battery. These are both removed. I keep tools in the boot to be able to remove them should I have a breakdown, and car needs to be taken to a dealer for warranty work. No way am I going to take any chances.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have fitted lowering springs to a few cars in the past, mainly Mk2 Golf Gti's. However, these cars were outwith the 12 month warranty period, only 12 month warranty in the olden days. Manufacturers will do anything to get out of a warranty claim, so for 3 years you really are restricted as to what mods. to do to your car. Because rest assured if you have any steering/suspension/braking issues, they will blame it on the mod.
My Vauxhall Mokka has a 100,000 mile warranty, I have winter wheels and tyres but take them off and put originals on when taking in for its annual service in January. Also fitted a 'tuning box', and battery charger cables to battery. These are both removed. I keep tools in the boot to be able to remove them should I have a breakdown, and car needs to be taken to a dealer for warranty work. No way am I going to take any chances.
Do you know, I was thinking about that just yesterday - I don't want to take it in for any warranty work and they say "sorry mate, you've not kept it as standard!". It's just that the car screams out to be dropped a little and firmed up

·
Registered
200 Posts
Only had mine a two weeks but so far I Think it's almost perfect.
Ours is a 1.2 so is much more nimble and copes better with hills and motorway than our 107.
It's just the phone connectivity that they need to sort out.
And like someone else noted, I miss that little shelf above the stereo on the 107 that was so handy for resting my phone on.
Loving the bigger boot space too.
And the clever parcel shelf.
My average fuel economy is currently saying 54mpg but that will come down when my heavy footed gf gets her hands on it.
She is a speed freak.
My only other desire would be for a proper ignition. I don't like keyless.
I don't find the phone connectivity bad at all, it does everything by bluetooth including popping my messages up on the screen. What more could you want??

I dream of 54 MPG....

Also, I really like the keyless entry. I find that it works much better than I've had on other keyless cars before, although I always poo myself when I put a pair of jeans in the wash and think "have i left a key in the pocket??"

·
Registered
12 Posts
By connectivity, i meant the mirror link, that allows you to use your phone satnav and other apps on the cars stereo.
But I have fixed this now, so its all good.
As for the keys. It seems every time i get out of the car I end up patting myself down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cant lock my car! it seems whatever range i am at the fob still recognised by the car, ive tried about 200m away and my friend can still get in and start the engine and drive off!!!!

its stupid, whats the point of the unlock button on the key!

anyone have anything similar?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I cant lock my car! it seems whatever range i am at the fob still recognised by the car, ive tried about 200m away and my friend can still get in and start the engine and drive off!!!!

its stupid, whats the point of the unlock button on the key!

anyone have anything similar?
I really think you should go to your dealer about this. See my other post to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would really like some form of ventilation air filtering. My 108 doesn't have AC, and when i activate the blowers, sand and quite often entire leaves get blown through the vents, right in my face. Are there aftermarket options to fix this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts