Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember the 107 being advertised as such, anyone know if similar will be applied to the 108?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I haven't read anything about it. Unless you've heard something, I wouldn't count on it. Deals like that are usually targeted at specific cars because the company wants to get rid of them faster, and needs an edge to beat out the competition.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I haven't read anything about it. Unless you've heard something, I wouldn't count on it. Deals like that are usually targeted at specific cars because the company wants to get rid of them faster, and needs an edge to beat out the competition.
It is, but seeing the type of car it is and the people buying them, it's something that the type of person it attracts is likely to buy into.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I see it as a bad sign when an auto maker has to offer deals like this in order to get people into their vehicles. Would people not buy the Peugeot 108 if they weren't getting free insurance? Are Peugeot's competitors offering such deals?

·
Registered
185 Posts
You have to imagine that an entry level segment like this is very competitive which means they have to one up the other guy, this is a good way to do it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see it as a bad sign when an auto maker has to offer deals like this in order to get people into their vehicles. Would people not buy the Peugeot 108 if they weren't getting free insurance? Are Peugeot's competitors offering such deals?
the practice is normal...

·
Registered
120 Posts
the practice is normal...
I know that the practice is normal, but part of the reason why companies do it is to boost sales. I think it says something about a car when the company doesn't have to offer any incentives because it is in such high demand. It seems to me to be a sign of weakness for the company or the model at least.

Of course, its also nice to get discounts. I'm talking more from a business perspective.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wouldn't say it's a sign of weakness.
Sometimes products need an extra push to push people to take action and give them more reasons to get it over another car and these incentives help with that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.