Peugeot 108 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth pursuing the insurance company of a lorry that caused a chip / small crack in my windscreen? I have glass cover on my policy so only have to pay £85.

Basically I was travelling behind a lorry carrying a load of junk, something fell off the back, bounced off the road and hit my screen. I have their details but I'm guessing its going to be more hassle than it's worth?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Is it worth pursuing the insurance company of a lorry that caused a chip / small crack in my windscreen? I have glass cover on my policy so only have to pay £85.

Basically I was travelling behind a lorry carrying a load of junk, something fell off the back, bounced off the road and hit my screen. I have their details but I'm guessing its going to be more hassle than it's worth?
To be honest you would be totally wasting your time. Life way too short. Bit of a bummer as you will probably lose a year NCD on next renewal, also you have to mention it as a claim. Never was necessary before, insurers now trying everything to screw us for more cash.
Someone reversed into my wife last year. No hassle getting claim settled as other party admitted full liability.
Wife's renewal this year added a loading because of the accident. Managed to get a quote elsewhere that did not penalise her for a non fault accident.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts